Dear New Client:
Welcome to Consumer Credit Counseling Service’s Debt Management Program! Your decision to repay your creditors through our program indicates responsibility and determination. We commend you on taking the first step to regain control of your financial situation. We are confident in you and believe you can accomplish your goals.
Many questions about your Debt Management Program are answered in this handbook. Please read it thoroughly and keep it in a convenient place for future reference. You can also access this handbook on our websites at DebtHelpMacon.com/cli_handbook.php, or DebtHelpAugusta.com/cli_handbook.php. If you have any further questions or need encouragement, please contact our counselors or our Client Services Department. Our staff will put forth every effort to make your Debt Management Program a success.
However, please remember the following.
- You are the only one who can get yourself out of debt. We can give you advice, provide a plan for repayment, and work with your creditors, but you must pay your own way out.
- It will not be quick and easy. Most people slip into debt a little at a time and must work themselves out the same way. You must be willing to make changes.
- You must keep your word with us. It is crucial to send your deposits on time. Your creditors will maintain faith in CCCS and you, as long as you perform as agreed.
We look forward to working with you. Good luck.
Give these important questions and answers your careful consideration as they are intended to help you and your family work through financial difficulty.
- Where do we go from here?
- What can we do to help our Debt Management Program along?
- What should we avoid if we want our program to go smoothly?
- Will CCCS contact our creditors in the Debt Management Program?
- What if a creditor does not accept the plan?
- What happens if we receive a large sum of money and want to pay off our account early?
- Will our creditors still contact us?
- Will our creditors stop interest on our accounts now that we are working with CCCS?
- Will we receive statements from our creditors?
- Must all of our creditors be included in our Debt Management Program?
- When is our deposit due?
- May we pay with a personal check?
- To whom should we make our money order, certified check or cashier’s check payable?
- What if your deposit is late?
- Can we increase our monthly deposit to CCCS?
- What if we miss a deposit?
- What if I lose my job?
- Can our creditors take legal action against us while we’re enrolled in the Debt Management Program?
- Will creditors help us re-establish credit?
- What if we have to borrow money?
- Will using CCCS protect our credit rating?
- What if we want to withdraw from the Debt Management Program?
- How is CCCS funded?